Things I Have Done Instead of Working on My Dissertation
We’re coming into the proverbial 11th hour…two weeks until the hand-in date. Here are a list of things I’ve done to occupy my time instead of just getting down to business (because it’s Friday night and I’m pathetically sitting alone in my kitchen being unproductive):
- Painted my nails, repeatedly.
- Counted the pennies in my coin jar. Two pounds, thirty-six pence.
- Bleached my bathroom.
- Cleaned out my binder from my first term.
- Started making a bag of clothes to donate to a charity shop.
- Texted everyone I know about anything. AT ALL.
- SNACK TIME, ALL THE TIME.
- Went to the gym (once in about a month)
- Wrote this blog post…and many more.
- Ohh, my back is a bit sore, better stretch for 35 minutes.
- Hey that carpet was fuzzy, LET’S VACUUM!
- Yes, I will make my bed this morning.
- Every meal I cook for myself must take a minimum of 30 minutes prep/cooking time. This includes cereal for breakfast.
- I BET SOMETHING NEW HAS HAPPENED ON INSTAGRAM.
- Better de-tangle all of my jewelry.
- It’s definitely a great time to find missing socks.
- Screw it, let’s vacuum EVERYTHING.
- Caught up on American politics, then felt woefully disillusioned.
- Looked wistfully through photos of my time in college, old friends, new friends, adventures.
- Watched Season Two of How I Met Your Mother. And Arrested Development.
- Thought about ideas for new blog posts.
And yet I still haven’t:
- Started to look for a replacement tenant when I have to move out of my flat.
- Booked my flight back to the US.
- Figured out that whole “Hey, whatcha doing after this whole Masters thing is done?”
- Called my parents.
- Booked my flight back to London for graduation in December.
- Figured out when I’m actually leaving London.
- FINISHED THIS DISSERTATION.
I can totally do this. Right, guys? GUYS?